February 18, 2010

hope

HOPE.

It's my favorite word. My favorite concept.
My daughter gave me this as part of my Christmas,
and I've put it in my office
because that is where I will see it the most
(unless I can figure out how to mount it on the dashboard)
Recently my mom passed along a box of stuff to me,
and in the bottom of the box was a little 1970's plaque
that hung in her kitchen as long as I can remember.
I guess I read it every single day of my life until I left home.
I always loved it.

"Yesterday is already a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision
But today, well lived,
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of HOPE."


Hope that is seen is no hope at all.
Who hopes for what he already has?
But if we hope for what we do not yet have,
we wait for it patiently.
(Romans 8:24-25)

No comments: