September 13, 2011

easy as 1, 2, 3

I have spent a small fortune on hotel rooms this summer . . . BUT, what with all the mini-toiletries, I have saved approximately $1.28 on shampoo and conditioner, so that's something.

I stayed up LATE Sunday night. When somebody asked me today what time I went to bed, I responded "2 amish". Haha. Looked like a couple of Mennonite churchgoers, which made me laugh.

Along those lines, last month I saw five Amish women sitting in Starbuck's drinking coffee . . . 'cause nothing screams "I am a simple woman" quite like a $3.85 grande caramel macchiato.

I was trying on the most gorgeous pair of brown leather ankle boots when it dawned on me . . . women's shoe sizes begin at 4 and go to 12 and progress by HALF SIZES??? Can somebody please tell me what's wrong with consecutive Arabic numerals? 1, 2, 3, and so on? I mean, whose stupid idea was this to require us to use decimals when purchasing footwear? Probably the same dude who established a mile would measure 5,280 feet, or a pound would contain 16 ounces. Or maybe it was the genius who decided to say "numeral" instead of "numberal". Then I overheard a conversation between a mom and a preschooler who was kicking the angled shoe-mirror at the end of the aisle, and I knew. "Bailey, stop kicking the mirror. Bailey, I mean it. Stop it. Do you want me to spank you? I'm going to count to three, Bailey . . . one . . . two . . . two-and-a-half . . ." Oh, the insanity.


1 comment:

Martha Howell said...

I love your trains of thought. (or is it train of thoughtS?)