If you are reading my blog because you googled the Weather Channel and ran across this post, well, I'm sorry, but now you've already read the first paragraph, so I don't see the need to repeat myself.
SO . . . in celebration of the April rain, I have done two things . . .
First, I made a 72-minute April playlist for my iPod:
James Taylor's Fire & Rain
Ronnie Milsap's Smoky Mountain Rain
Elvis' Kentucky Rain
Waylon & Willie's Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain
The Eurythmic's Here Comes the Rain Again
Eric Clapton's Fall Like Rain
Bill Wither's Ain't No Sunshine
CCR's Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
Eddie Rabbit's I Love a Rainy Night
The Carpenter's Rainy Days and Mondays
Jars of Clay's Flood
Phil Collins' I Wish it Would Rain Down
Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water
Kermit the Frog's Rainbow Connection
Noah's God Told Me to Build an Arky Arky
Michael Jackson's Billie Jean
Second, in an effort to put an optimistic spin on the constant thunderstorms and overflowing rivers, I present:
"Fifteen Reasons I am Embracing the Flood"
15. I can bass fish from bed.
14. It's fun to watch Kevin mow the yard with hedgeclippers and a kayak.
13. We are the next family to be featured on the History Channel's "Swamp People".
12. I always wanted to live on a 1630-square-foot
11. My friends, the ants, have come back to visit. Oh, how I have missed them.
10. My "walking place" is now my "swimming hole".
9. Free flotsam!
8. We can play "Marco Polo" in the living room.
7. Gotta love the irony of river-rafting to the nearest "Huck's" for a 79-cent Big Swig.
6. Scuba diving for earthworms!
5. Walking to the mailbox is reason enough to wear the thigh-high red leather boots in the back of my closet.
4. Spa night at Steph's . . . mudbaths for everybody!
2. Our pet alligator, Fluffy, can now go out to play.
1. My beloved Eddie van Honda's name has been changed to Chitty Chitty van Bang Bang.