August 20, 2011

the reason we stopped here . . .

I've been doing an outSTANDing job of drinking lots of water. Really, quite proud of myself. However, when traveling, as in the 5 hour drive Thursday to take my son to college and the 5 hour drive Friday to return home, the frequent and necessary stops caused by the excessive H2O intake turned the 5-hour drive into a 5:45 drive.

At one point, after crossing my legs for so long I could no longer feel my toes, we made a pee stop at an Arkansas "Speed and Seed" (Gas AND Farm Supplies). At $3.39 a gallon, we decided to go ahead and gas up Eddie van Honda. When I looked into the rear-view mirror, I couldn't help but laugh. Clearly, I stopped in the right place.

4 comments:

Sara said...

That and your mind was clearly one tracked at that moment. :-p

mnpolutta said...

FUNNY!

janjanmom said...

Too perfect not to share!! I know gas station workers have to feel like that is what we see when we read their signs...now there is proof!!

MichaelPolutta said...

Classic!