October 03, 2012

The One with the Small Print

So we were in this restaurant... great food, dim lighting, menu with entrees listed in 8-pt. font.  At least, that's my best guess, as all I can see is something that looks like this.   I retrieve my 1.50 reading glasses from my purse, but they are not enough.  So I unzip the side pocket and get out my back-up pair of reading glasses and put them on ON TOP OF the other pair and hold my cell phone toward the menu as a faux flashlight just about the time the waiter arrived at the table. 

I now have an emergency pair of "dark restaurant, small-font menu, 2.5 strength, because-I-don't-want-to-be-embarrassed" reading glasses with me at all times.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can so relate to this...as you can see by this font...I'm testing those reading glasses again...not intentional..just don't know how to change it. I probably have 10 pairs of reading glasses..one at each desk, each chair, bathroom ( to pluck the eye brows I can't see anymore), you name it...they are everywhere...it's a sorry state of affairs.